Program begins the first Saturday of each month at 10am. Class must have a minimum of 5 students to begin. For the health and safety of our horses, rider weight limit is 200 pounds. Riders over the weight limit should call the center to request a larger horse.
Program Fee: $240.00
Geared to the adult beginner/novice rider, this four-week program will teach you the basics of horseback riding in a safe, educational and fun environment. Join beginner riders, like yourself, as you become familiar and comfortable on one of our well-conditioned and well-behaved
horses. You’ll learn important horsemanship skills, including:
- Grooming (preparing your horse before and after riding)
- Tack (equipment used when riding) and how to put it on your horse
- Learning about the 5 aids to horseback riding (your eyes, hands, back, seat and legs)
- Steering and controlling your horse
- Different horse gaits (walk, trot, canter) and becoming comfortable with the first two
- Learning the posting trot (rising trot versus sitting trot)
- Horse, rider and barn safety
Some Frequently Asked Questions
“What should I wear?”
Comfortable clothes (jeans, stirrup pants) and low-heeled shoes (sneakers not recommended).
“Do you provide riding helmets?”
Yes! Certified riding hats are provided to each student.
Students are welcome to arrive early and stay later to learn more about horses and the fascinating equestrian world from other riders and our team! Contact the Boston Equestrian Center to sign up today.
Program training provided by one of our qualified instructors.
BEC Program Featured on Style Boston TV Show